Here we will attempt to take
you through some easy steps to get your first Mix onto an Audio CD. We
are going to use the Two Demo Songs that came with VirtualDek 2.0 to make
Okay, now is a step by step guide, please
follow carefully ...
- Run VirtualDek 2.0
- Make sure that before this Walkthru, you
had setup your Hardware so that the Audio all sounds correct and good,
and that you setup the Windows Mixer and all Aux-In levels for the Microphone
etc... Make sure that your Volume Levels are set ready for your Performance.
- If the Demo Playlist is Not Loaded already,
then Load it. You can load it by Dragging it across to the Playlist
using your Mouse.
- Press 'A' for AutoDJ. You should see a
Flashing AutoDJ icon to the Top Right of the Main Panel.
- In the Recordings List Section (Bottom
Left), Click on the Record Button (Red Circle)
- Enter a Name for example, 'My First Recording'
and Click 'OK', then click 'OK' again when prompted. VirtualDek 2.0
will no begin to Record your Performance, so we need to be quick so
that we do not have too much silence at the start of the Recording.
You should see a Flashing 'Recording' Sign and a Big Red Timer displaying
the Duration of the Recording so far.
- Now in the Playlist Section (Bottom Middle),
click on 'Launch'. The first song will be loaded onto Deck 'A' and it
should begin play (as long as you have 'Enable Deck AutoStart' checked
in the Settings Control Panel)
- Now you may wish to say some words into
your Microphone and dub them into this Mix.
- There are Two songs in the Demo Playlist
and about 90% through playing a Song, AutoDJ will Load the next Song
from the Playlist onto Deck 'B' and start to Auto Cross Fade, so sit
back while AutoDJ attempts to do this.
- Once both Songs have played out and the
Mix is finished, click on the Blue Square (was the Record Button, but
has become a Stop Button instead) and Click 'Cancel' which Cancels the
- Press 'A' to turn Off AutoDJ.
- Select (Highlight) your Recording which
is now in the Recordings List (Bottom Left) then Right-Click and choose
Maximize from the Popup Menu. This will Maximize the Volume of the Recording
to as high as possible without Distorting it.
- Put an Empty or Blank CD-R into your CD
- Now, Select your Recording again and Right
Click, then select Burn CD from the Popup Menu
- You should see your Recording in the List
Box (Left), Select it and then Click 'ADD'. It should now appear in
the Burn List (Right)
- Check that your Empty CD-R has been accepted
by the Burn CD Panel by checking the Available Size (it should show
the capacity of the Disc, ie. 702Mb for an ordinary CD-R)
- As your Mix is only short in Duration (about
5 Minutes), it will fit easily onto your CD-R as a Blank CD-R can record
upto 80 Minutes of Audio usually.
- Now, Click on 'Burn CD'. The Burning process
should begin and you should see a report of this in the Status Bar at
the Bottom of the Burn CD Panel, and also you should see the Progress
Indicator advance to the Right.
- Once complete, the CD-R Disc should Eject.
- Close VirtualDek 2.0 and then put the Audio
CD into a CD Player to play and test it.
- Hopefully, you was able to follow this
guide all the way, and all being well, you have just Produced your very
own Audio Mix CD ready to play in your Hi-Fi, Disco, Karaoke, NightClub
or Car Stereo!